The original Freedom from Aerial Herbicide Spraying Charter Amendment included clauses that protected the Law (should it pass) from Preemption.
However Lane County Judge Carlson thought the issue of preemption was separate, therefore making us run TWO initiatives, rather than one. Freedom from Aerial Herbicides Alliance is spearheading the aerial spray ban effort.
Right now, because of the Right to Farm and Forest Act (preemptive, corporate-written legislation), the practice of aerial spraying of herbicides is protected by our government. And we're told by the State of Oregon that we don't have the RIGHT to say NO to the practice of aerial spraying (this is preemption).
Our Community, Our Rights (OCOR) -
So we need BOTH initiatives to protect the aerial spray ban!!
Registered to vote in Lane County?
If YES, Sign the petitions to put these initiatives on the ballot!
Feel free to stop and talk to one of our petition circulators at a neighborhood store or event and sign our petitions with them.
Important things you need to know:
- Only sign them if you are currently a registered voter in Lane County
- Only sign these petitions once
- Only sign for yourself
- Sign your name just as you are registered to vote
Full text for Aerial Spray Ban Charter Amendment.
Electronic Signature Sheet Instructions....
1) Download the Aerial Spray Ban Electronic Signature Sheet.
2) Download the Right of Local Self-Government Electronic Signature Sheet.
2) Sign them! Please print your full name and address as registered, and date the form.
If you don’t fill it out completely, we can’t use it.
3) Mail them back to our postal address -
- You can also mail it to any of the Chief Petitioners listed on the e-Sheet. That’s it!